Based in Erfurt, The company TecArt, founded in 1999, is one of the German CRM pioneers. In the meantime, the medium-sized company is rolling out version 5.3. The TecArt CRM Pro is operated as on-premises for a one-time purchase or in the German cloud. For complex compliance requirements or interested parties whose focus is on their own data sovereignty, TecArt offers the Managed Server Service. The focus is on B2B companies and describes itself as a “partner for medium-sized companies.”
TecArt CRM Pro Cloud & OnPremise
The TecArt CRM can be conveniently used via the browser without your own client installation from the cloud or your own server. With the help of your own Starter App, which is installed directly on the workstation, all documents can be edited directly from the CRM. It does not matter which operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux) is installed on the computer used. The range of functions between the cloud and the server variant does not differ.
Range of functions (basic CRM system)
The TecArt CRM software has a modular structure. This means that additional modules and add-ons can be easily booked in addition to the basic equipment. The following modules include the basic package:
- B2B Contact & Address Management
- Appointment & Calendar Management
- Document management
- Integrated e-mail client
- Task Management
- Call Management
Expandable range of functions (Pro)
Additional modules can be flexibly booked in addition to the basic package. Customers and interested parties can choose from the following modules:
- Order Management
- Lead Management
- Ticket system
- Contract Management
- Quotation management
- Vacation & Duty Scheduling
- Account Management
Depending on the requirements, standard functions and all modules can be individually adapted by add-ons. Thanks to the free add-on framework, companies can develop their own solutions themselves or through service providers. As standard, TecArt customers can choose from a number of their own add-ons, e.g. the ERP functionalities warehouse management or merchandise management, teams or GottoMeeting integration as well as a Jira interface.
Security and GDPR
TecArt has a comprehensive security concept for the software and infrastructures. These are implemented according to the specifications of BSI audits, ISO and DIN certifications. The Cloud CRM is located exclusively on servers in Germany. The most important facts of the security concept are:
- ISO 27001 certified data center for the cloud solution
- High availability clusters (99.8%)
- Ongoing OTA security updates (1-2 per week)
- Audit-proof logging
- Grade A encryption for web access
- Email and document encryption up to 4,096 bits
- Multi-factor authentication for login
- VS Confidential security level for government classified information
There are integrated routines for implementing the GDPR. Depending on the requirements from the company’s own processing activities, the processes are adapted to customer requirements by customizing.
The most important GDPR features are:
- Secure and encrypted connection
- Access, access and access controls
- Secure German data center
- Privacy by Default
- Ownership guarantee of customer data
Mobile working is possible via the browser and the TecArt Starter App for the desktop. The TecArt CRM Pro is fully responsive since version 5.3. This makes it possible to work on tablets without any problems. Separate apps in the Apple or GooglePlay store are available for chats, tickets, and documents.
The interfaces REST, SOAP and Add-On Framework allow all third-party tools to be connected.
- As on-premises for one-time purchase or for rent as a subscription
- Fully integrated online editor for texts, tables and presentations
- Free add-on to program your own functions
The prices depend on the selected modules and extensions as well as the number of users. The minimum number of users is 5 users. The price per user per month for the TecArt CRM Pro Cloud starts from 28 euros. The TecArt CRM Pro On-Premises is available from 760€ per user for a one-time purchase or as a subscription.
> 2,300 installations in the DACH region
Here is a selection of the most important/largest customers:
- Stuttgarter Straßenbahnen AG (SSB)
- Wattmanufactur Ltd.
- Fraunhofer IOSB – Institute for Optronics, System Technology and Image Evaluation
- German Red Cross
- Deutsche Vermögensberatung (DVAG)
- Brookfield CEE Holding GmbH
- Syno Consulting Group
- Pro version flexibly adaptable
- Call management at no extra charge
- Available as on-premises (one-time purchase & rental or cloud)
- Unable to work offline
A current provider comparison can be found here.